Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Starstruck

So today's been...oddly good. I didn't get much sleep, though, and woke up with crazy amounts of anxiety about going to the gym with Jess. She got a membership earlier in the week and asked if I wanted to, too, and so I did because I'd mentioned that we should to her before. (How 'bout THAT run-on?) So I got up, tried not to vomit, and headed with her to Wal-Mart to get some gym clothes for me and a few things for Emily.

The gym wasn't bad at all. I thought the trainer would be some big angry screamy guy, but we got this teeny happy blonde girl who can't be much older than us, though I suspect she's younger. After weighing and measurements, we hit the bikes for half an hour and then did crunch stuff. I did NOT do well on them. I'm amazingly out of shape to the point where it was almost embarrassing. But she was so nice about it, I didn't really feel bad.

We got Subway for lunch and then I came home and played with my new makeup. After sitting around for a while, I went to the store and got some other makeup necessities/supplies, and the guy that rang me up informed me that I didn't need all that junk. It made me feel really good. He was checking out my shirt because I was wearing an AFI shirt that somehow migrated from Jess' wardrobe to mine many years ago, and he was like, "Is that My Chemical Romance? Because I'd have to laugh at you." It was amusing.

I dunno what it is. Maybe working out put me in a less sucktastic mood? I haven't updated here in a while because I've been in a super-funk, but today was rather nice. Oh, and! The scale at the gym made me feel even better because it displayed the weight I always thought I was, whereas at the doc's, I was 40 fucking pounds heavier! Hooray gym!

Speaking of makeup, I'm going through Lauren Luke's videos on YouTube and trying out her tutorials, and this is how it came out today:


I remember now how much I love liquid liner. Oh, also, I bought some red lipstick. Like...red red. Daniela and I talked about it a while ago and I remembered while I was at Rite Aid so I picked up a little tube of N.Y.C. It...well, I'm not used to my lips being so bright, so I'm not sure what I think. But maybe when I find a place to go, I'll wear it and post a pic for other people's opinions.