Thursday, March 26, 2009

Divorce Day

It's weird how many people respond to, "Oh, my divorce was finalized today!" with, "Congratulations!" Funny, though. Lauren and I were wearing tiaras yesterday that we bought from Claire's:


Her divorce was dunzo yesterday and thus we headed down to Tunica to gamble and drink. But first, we wandered the mall, and ate at Shogun because Shogun is AMAZING. Aaaanyway. Her friend Shea met us at Sam's Town, and we proceeded to drink the night away. Lauren flirted majorly with a security guard named Jacques (although, she called him Joaquin...) and he got her number from Shea. Shea won like 100 bucks, but then kept hitting the button and thus only came out with about 50. I, however, lost 20. Ah well. It was a fun night, and there's too many pictures to post here but here's one of us in the room once we got bored with gambling and wandering aimlessly:


The other pictures are on Flickr, if you want to see our drunken debauchery. Sadly, we couldn't get a picture of Jacques and Lauren because they don't allow it. Boooo.

We got up kinda early and headed back to Memphis, ate at Logan's for lunch, then stopped by our old high school, Overton. It's...different. Security is WAY heightened, and they now have TWO cops roaming. And neither of them is Cop Peters. We immediately went to Ms. Covington and she was so glad to see us. I told her I wanted to write for a living and she laughed. Not because I suck, but because of the market. I felt special because she told me she remembered that I was a fantastic writer.

After us complaining for like half and hour about the economy, we wandered off to find others and came across Mr. Smith, the math teacher. He remembered us but had trouble remembering how to pronounce my name. He did, of course, immediately remember the name of my best friend back then whom we all kinda figured he had a thing for. He seemed really tired and not so thrilled to be there. Both of them, actually, were planning to run the hell away when things in the economy get more stable. All our other old teachers had already run away. Go Memphis City Schools.

Long story short, it was a great outing, and I met a cool person and had lots of fun distracting Lauren from what would otherwise be kind of a depressing day. I'm such a great friend, hehe.