Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Counting bodies like sheep to the rhythm of the war drums

The terrible thing about anxiety and general worrywart behavior is the fact that, despite being incredibly tired, I can't go to sleep. I've decided that anything and everything takes priority to keep myself from sleeping. Currently, my project is transferring some of my music collection from the old laptop onto the new one, since I can't seem to get network sharing to work. I hate feeling anxious and I hate not sleeping, especially since I made the claim that I was going to bed four hours ago. Since that time, though, I've waffled between fighting off tears of frustration, pretending to think about writing, and playing on Pandora. I feel kind of like I want to go to sleep and wake up ten years from now and pray that I'm happy and healthy by then somehow. I get fed up with disappointment. It makes my brain and my heart hurt.

I'm definitely going to be asleep by the top of the hour, though. At least, I'd really like to be.

EDIT: I'm awake, and a liar.